Do you know a high school student who wants to spend a year abroad in Germany through a fully-funded Department of State Scholarship? CIEE is looking for motivated, curious leaders who want to experience a different culture and learn a language through a full immersion experience.
The Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program (CBYX) annually offers 250 young Americans the opportunity to live with a host family and attend high school in Germany for an academic year.
· Fully-funded scholarship sponsored by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Jointly funded by the German Bundestag and the U.S. Congress.
· Academic merit, as well as motivation, curiosity and flexibility are key components to a competitive application.
· Previous German language experience is not required. Participants become fluent in German.
· Alumni can connect with a global network of other State Department program alumni upon completion from the program.
· This is also an excellent gap year program for those between high school and college!
CIEE selects 100 students from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds from across AZ, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, MN, NE, NC, NM, OH, OK, SC, TX, UT, VA, WV, WY, DC and Puerto Rico to become CBYX youth ambassadors.
Students who are U.S. Citizens born between February 1, 2003 and August 1, 2006 with a GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible to apply. Please find a “Quick Facts” sheet that provides additional information about the CBYX program.
The online application can be found at www.usagermanyscholarship.org. The application deadline is Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Visit the website www.ciee.org/cbyx or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. There will also be some information webinars on Tuesday 10/13 (7:00 PM Eastern), Thursday 10/22 (8:00 PM Eastern), and Monday 11/9 (7:00 PM Eastern.)
Webinar Log In:
Join Zoom Meeting https://ciee.zoom.us/j/6940241648